Intent: the use and effectiveness of monocular viewpoint on a narrative
Content: Real life drawings of people using a singular viewpoint
Reference
![]() |
| 'The Order of Release' John Everett Millais |
Analysis: The medium long shot viewpoint shows the whole group of characters which gives a good sense of their individual reactions.
The frame of the painting is shaped like a door which makes us feel included and like we have just walked in on the scene. It gives an insight into the people's lives.
I did some observational drawings around town using a small paper tube to look through so that I could emulate monocular vision. I liked the circular composition of this and quickly sketched up one of my drawings of shoppers from the Regent's Arcadeto figure out how to maximise this composition. I would add more perspective to the corridor on the left to have a better contrast between the up close female figure and the shoppers in the background.
![416px-millais_order_of_release[1]](https://beinked.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/416px-millais_order_of_release1.jpg?w=480)
No comments:
Post a Comment